Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fun Stuff to Share

I copy catted Kim this past week and hit the thrift stores for some cheap fun. I hit the jackpot! I purchased this cool ceramic house, and I am using it for a coffee canister at home. I found a smaller cottage one at a different thrift store on my lunch break, and I am using it for a sugar container at my office, along with a cute saucer/bowl/lid combo I found at the same store. It is now a powdered creamer holder for my office. Much cuter than the original containers they came in from the store.
thrifted coffee canister

From the second thrift store along with the house canister I found 3 pantos for $8. I tried the first one the other night, but haven't mastered lining the rows up as the quilt progresses, and so I am not happy with my work on that, but am trying to imagine how cool it will be once I get the hang of the pantos. I also found these two ceramic baskets at a 3rd thrift store.
Thrifted ceramic baskets

I loved these green bowls at the 3rd store
cool 50's bowls from thrifting expedition

Two retro serving dishes, and a little yellow bowl like my Mom had, round out my collection for the day.
Nifty 50 or 60's looking serving dishes from thrifting expedition

bowl like Mom's from thrifting trip

This morning I rearranged my little quilt collection and put it on a different wall

new little quilt wall
I took creative license and hung them crooked. I hope the makers don't mind.

Then I used the old quilt wall for this arrangement

second quilt wall

2 comments:

Betsy said...

The quilts look very nice like that.

Kim said...

Your "tumbling quilts" display looks very nice. More interesting. I like it!!