Sunday, May 25, 2008

Some finishes

I've been taking advantage of the long weekend to try and finish up some projects.
The first one you have seen the blocks before, and I actually finished this a few weeks ago, but hadn't blogged it yet.
The spools quilt. Made this from noodles I had swapped, saved, and won in January playing strip poker (strips of fabric as opposed to stripping) at guild night.

Spool quilt

Here is a close up of the quilting. I had seen something similar at an lqs, and loved it, but I'm not sure I'm loving my version/attempt. It is what it is though, and its not horrible. LOL

quilting of spools

You may remember the Maverick Stars I had been working on from Bonnie's Qultville site a while back. I used a bunch of blue noodles I had been saving up to make sashing for the stars. I quilted it in red thread with stars and loops.

Maverick Stars lap quilt

A while back I put this top together with some orphan blocks from the Carolina Crossroads mystery on Quiltville.com I quilted it up this morning with red thread and my first attempt at all over feathers. They are far from perfect. It lasted on the table until dh decided to drink a cuppa and he always spills as soon as there is a clean tablecloth, so I took it off. LOL I'm not sure what I will use it for at this point.

quilted table topper from leftovers

1 comment:

Betsy said...

all your quilts are lovely.