Sunday, November 25, 2007

Soup's On!

I love soup! I love soup with garlic cheddar bread from the Great Harvest Bread store by my work. I took the turkey and made soup base from it, and salvaged all those yummy turkey bits, added some celery, onions, sage, and two cans of cream of celery soup for good measure, some salt and pepper and voila I have soup. Well the start of it anyway, the day I take it out of the freezer and cook it back up, I will add a package of Kluske noodles. (love them)

Hot Soup

All packaged up for the freezer

Ready for the freezer

I love having a freezer full of soup, just ready to pop in the crock pot before work, or defrost quick after work. I'm getting pretty stocked up so far, chicken soup, turkey soup, beef barley, pepper rice, and gypsy goulash, oh and pork and beans for dh. I'm not a pork a beans lover myself.

Freezer full of soup

2 comments:

Kate North said...

Yummy looking soup Colene - wish my freezer was as big as yours.

black bear cabin said...

i love soup to...especially in the winter! unfortunately my husband doesnt like it that much, so i end up freezing a lot for me too. wish i had your freezer space, but soon we are going to buy a large freezer, and hopefully ill have a similar stash of yummies :)
cheers`
lisajo