Those first two on the left are my favorites, beautiful cranberry colors. I also bought the ugliest woman's dress for $2, but I think it will make a nice red in the quilt, its on the top right in the picture below. The two lights just below the red dress are beautiful creamy colors in true life, the stack on the left are actually pretty blues. My photography today is certainly lacking.
Friday, November 30, 2007
Another Addiction?
I've often read on Bonnie's quiltville site about her addiction to buying men's shirts and cutting them up for quilting fabric. Today, for fun, I went to the local goodwill store, and one other thrift store. The goodwill has half off a certain color tag each week. I looked through all the xxl men's long sleeve shirts and found some with the Pink tag, 1/2 price this week. They were $3.99, so at half off I got them for about two bucks. The second thrift store, I found xl short sleeve shirts for $3 each. I think all together I spent about $28. Here are my finds.

Those first two on the left are my favorites, beautiful cranberry colors. I also bought the ugliest woman's dress for $2, but I think it will make a nice red in the quilt, its on the top right in the picture below. The two lights just below the red dress are beautiful creamy colors in true life, the stack on the left are actually pretty blues. My photography today is certainly lacking.
Those first two on the left are my favorites, beautiful cranberry colors. I also bought the ugliest woman's dress for $2, but I think it will make a nice red in the quilt, its on the top right in the picture below. The two lights just below the red dress are beautiful creamy colors in true life, the stack on the left are actually pretty blues. My photography today is certainly lacking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh you know how this ends, right? Thrift shop recycling fills your shelves faster for less money than the most successful shop hop ever could. Have fun, LOTS of it. :o)
Isn't thrifting for fabric FUN!??? And it feels so good to do something recycling...good all the way around!
Post a Comment