Saturday, November 10, 2007

fun shopping

I've been watching for sales on fabric that will fit the bill for the 2008 noodle swaps on about.com quilting forum. Here are my most recent purchases.

two purple batiks, one black on black and five white on whites to start with
batiks, 5 white on whites and one black on black for the noodle swap 2008

two sets of brights
brights

Three more blues, which brings me to a total of 6
blues

a pastel
pastel

and a paisley
paisley

My overflowing noodle swap fabric bin
my 2008 noodle swap bin overflowing

On another note, I finished the last round of the dahlia and applique'd it to a background. Now to add borders and quilt it.
my dahlia applique'd onto the background

Here are some fun little flower blocks I've been making. I think the pattern is from Pattern Basket pattern company, it is intended for charm square packs
fun little flower blocks
I used stash fabrics though.
Here is a close-up, I loved the little flower buttons in the centers
close up
I guess that is about all I've been up to this week. Not much exciting here.

2 comments:

black bear cabin said...

WOW! that dahlia quilt is going to be gorgeous when its finished...and the color combos are very pretty! The little charm pieces are cute too...the flower button in the center is a nice touch! Looks like youve been busy! :)
cheers!
lisajo

Anonymous said...

I love the Dahlia! The colors are so beautiful. I am only a beginner and can only hope to be able to put colors together as nice as you did in the block.