Saturday, July 12, 2008

Misc.

What a fun quilty day today. It was the guild picnic and we had a great time. We exchanged bags in brown paper bags, I ended up with 2. The person had purchased this really cool bag made of a great big long zipper, and then found out we were to make the bag, so she made the second bag and put it inside the purchased bag.
zipper bag

pouch bag

We also played bingo and won lots of fabric and stuff like black and white yo yo's. I'm trying to figure out what I can do with the yo yo's, any great ideas?

goodies from the guild picnic

Then when I got home, I had a message from a friend telling me she was at a yard sale that had a whole yard full of fabric. Of course the message was 6 hours old. I went anyway. There was a ton of holiday fabric, but I found some others I liked, and you can't beat $1 yard. Some was even Kaufman fabric.

garage sale fabric $1 yard

garage sale fabric $1 yd

And now for what I've really been wanting to show..... My apron for the apron swap is done. I waited for my daughter Nellie to get here today and she modeled it for me. I love how it turned out, and I really hope the recipient likes it also. I can't mail until August though, so I will just have to admire it until then.

Apron Swap 1

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that butterfly fabric (never would have guessed huh? also I really like that apron

Betsy said...

I love the great deals that you found! the apron is cute as can be. Add some of those block yo-yos to the spron pocket so a splash of color if you like.

Centergranny said...

You are so lucky with fabric finds! I think the apron is simply charming--your daughter adds to the beauty of it!
-Sandy