I was also able to finish my doll swap this week. This swap was also on about.com We aren't to send these out for a couple of more weeks, but at least it is done. The picture is a bit washed out from the flash, its much clearer fabrics in reality. I made a duplicate for myself. I believe the recipient will be open to the patriotic colors, even though she didn't actually say so. The pattern is from American Doll Quilts by Kathleen Tracy.
Other stuff this week. A few years ago my eye doc suggested bi-focals. I bought them, but never could get used to them no matter how many times they changed them. I went for another visit yesterday, and ended up with a different doc as mine was on vacation. This doc said I should be wearing contacts for far away, and reader glasses for close up. I have lazy eye (luckily you can't tell by looking at me) but the result is my eyes are opposite, so when I would wear the glasses they made me very very dizzy. Anyway, I had previously tried contacts about 6 years ago, but could never get them in my eyes. I came home yesterday with a pair of trial contacts. This morning dh helped me by telling me up or down or whatever, and coached me and I was able to get them in both eyes. I love being able to see street signs etc. We went to a family reunion about 1 1/2 hrs away and I drove and could actually see well. It snowed on us at the reunion btw. It was outside and cold. That's the way it is in Idaho sometimes. I recall being snowed on, on the fourth of July one year.
I also went to the family cemetery while there, and did my cemetery thing. Not so much fun, but not too horrible either, dh was with me.

4 comments:
This was the year for the one in bern? I've been telling my dad we need to go to the cemetery sometime soon we haven't been since before I was even pregnant with Aidin.
Colene, your quilt for the swap turned out great! Very charming. I know *** will love it! :-)
OK, wait -- it SNOWED today??? I never thought I would say this, but do you wanna trade? We just finished the first of what should be four straight 90+ days, with air thick enough to slice and serve for supper.
Love your quilt...once again, im wishing i could have participated in ginger's swap. The timing never seems to work out for me :( Oh well...maybe swap #4 will work for me :)
sounds like your trip to idaho was fun...i used to live in idaho falls years ago. Glad you got your cemetery visit out of the way...i personally dont do cemeteries! But its good you did it.
Hope you had a fabulous weekend!
lisajo
Post a Comment