Saturday, July 11, 2009

Birthday

Today is my birthday, I'm 49, but have been trying to get away with 39. Last October I set out on a journey to become healthier. I've been eating healthier and less and working out at curves 6 days a week as well as walking 6 days a week for a couple miles. I took a picture my first day and then after 100 workouts at curves. I recently (last week) received my 200 workouts shirt and took a picture this morning. I haven't seen them all together for comparison but here's how it looks so far.
According to the curves records I've lost 32 inches and 52 pounds. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 14. I'd like to lose another 30 - 35 lbs before I'm done, but I'm please so far with my results.


Today

after 100 workouts


When I started in October 2008

18 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great Job ! You look and I'm sure feel very
good. I sure wish that I had some of that
will power.

Marilyn

Betsy said...

Congratulations. You look fabulous!
Happy Birthday. I love how you have your mini quilts displayed on the wall. such a novel idea.

Becca said...

You look great Colene! Congrats on your success and of course Happy Birthday!

bettyp said...

Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing your doing for youself!!!
You can tell there is a huge difference in the 3 pic for sure!!
I walk with Leslie Sansone and have a 7 day challenge going on now .I am on day 4 !!Yeah!!!bp

bettyp said...

Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing your doing for youself!!!
You can tell there is a huge difference in the 3 pic for sure!!
I walk with Leslie Sansone and have a 7 day challenge going on now .I am on day 4 !!Yeah!!!bp

bettyp said...

Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing your doing for youself!!!
You can tell there is a huge difference in the 3 pic for sure!!
I walk with Leslie Sansone and have a 7 day challenge going on now .I am on day 4 !!Yeah!!!bp

bettyp said...

Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing your doing for youself!!!
You can tell there is a huge difference in the 3 pic for sure!!
I walk with Leslie Sansone and have a 7 day challenge going on now .I am on day 4 !!Yeah!!!bp

bettyp said...

Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing your doing for youself!!!
You can tell there is a huge difference in the 3 pic for sure!!
I walk with Leslie Sansone and have a 7 day challenge going on now .I am on day 4 !!Yeah!!!bp

bettyp said...

Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing your doing for youself!!!
You can tell there is a huge difference in the 3 pic for sure!!
I walk with Leslie Sansone and have a 7 day challenge going on now .I am on day 4 !!Yeah!!!bp

bettyp said...

Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing your doing for youself!!!
You can tell there is a huge difference in the 3 pic for sure!!
I walk with Leslie Sansone and have a 7 day challenge going on now .I am on day 4 !!Yeah!!!bp

bettyp said...

Oh!! so sorry about the triple post!!My click got stuck!!!LOL!!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday and you look good. I can really see the difference. I bet you feel so much better. Keep it up!!

Cathy said...

Wow! You look so much happier in the second two pictures! I bet you feel better too! Congratulations & Happy Birthday! What a great present you have given yourself!

Julia Wood said...

Happy B'day! The funny thing is that today is also my 49th birthday! How weird is that? And I'm also trying to lose weight! Were we separated at birth?!

black bear cabin said...

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!
hurrah for you! :)
Looking good...keep up the great work!
very inspiring too!

sophie said...

You look fabulous, birthday girl. Congratulations on sticking with it and all that hard work. I think it would be perfectly OK to celebrate the anniversary of your 39th birthday and you could totally get away with it.

(FYI, I have now lost 70 of my 75 gained-in-Michigan pounds and am now also fit a size 12 or 14. I know how good it feels on the inside, too ;-)

Kim D. said...

Happy Birthday!!! Congratulations on your success you look marvelous..

I usually have a queasy stomach but Cody's burns look like they are healing nicely. Thankfully they weren't on his face or head.

Cesa said...

SISSY,
You are so amazing and wonderful and inspiring! I had so much fun with you on my visit and I super miss you!
Keep us the good work!
I love you:)
Cesa