Saturday, July 25, 2009

9 patch Almost finished


By the time I get to this point in a quilt I generally think...... I'll take a picture for the blog after its quilted, then it sits and finally gets quilted and I can't remember if I posted it on the blog or not. Soooooo I'm going to post now. I got this idea from Crazy Mom Quilts' blog, and had wanted to play along with the block a day but life got in the way. I did manage to catch up just as they started round 2 though. Instead of using 2 1/2" blocks I had a bunch of 3" blocks I had that were already cut, so I used them as well as the larger 3" sashing strips. Amanda Jean's came out to be a twin size, mine is a large queen for my bed. I chose the butterflies on white for the backing and the pink plaid type fabric on top of that for the binding. I'm going to quilt with white thread, but haven't decided how I will quilt it yet. I love how fresh and clean it looks with the white don't you?

No comments: