Friday, November 07, 2008

Fall Canning Time

No quilty content or pics as my batteries are dead AGAIN! I really need new rechargable batteries for my camera, but keep forgetting to buy them. Anyhoo! Today I canned batch #3 of Salsa for the season. It is also the last Yay! I think Tony and his work buddies eat it as fast as I can it. Also everyday when I take Murphy for a walk in the local park I pass two apple trees in a yard bordering the park. Many many apples fall onto the ground on the park side of the fence. Being my father's daughter I kept thinking, "You know a guy (or gal in my case) could pick up those apples and make something out of them." So, one day I picked one up and took it home. Yummo! Sweet as can be. No wormies. A couple days later I saw a lady drag a ladder down the street to the apple trees on the park side and picked a bunch. Again I thought a guy/gal could do something with those. Next day I brought a cloth grocery bag and filled it up with apples. I have been thinking about what to do with them for about a week. Today, 6 quarts of apple pie filling! Yay!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, a gal could do something iwth that apple pie filling...

eat it! yum!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the nellie.
and I love apple pie filling

Anonymous said...

Personally I think the salsa sounds much better. If only that damn Tony didn't eat it all.

An Anonoymous Brother