Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tomorrow is the BIG Day!

Tomorrow is the day we find out if I will be getting a girl or a boy grandchild. I'm hoping for a girl, but feel like its a boy. Cross your fingers for me.


I'm actually on top of the cooking today. Here is what's for dinner tonight. yum!

dinner tonight pot roast 4.13.08

And here's a bunch of catching up in no particular order.

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Idaho. I think it was close to 70 degrees. They are calling for 67 for the high today. Yesterday I worked a bit in the yard, I put out my windchimes.
windchime time
I also with help from hubby got the grill out and ready to fire up.
barbque time

Here is the view from the deck this morning. Still snow on the mountains, but the farmer's field across the road is looking pretty green indeed.
almost spring 4.13.08
Keep reading I promise some quilty stuff if you stick with me here.
I finished this quilt a while ago, but don't think I blogged it. It is a gift for this Christmas. If you are my sister and you asked for a purple and yellow quilt, then the surprise is blown. (I don't think this particular sister reads my blog) Shhhh don't tell her its here.
9 patch snowball purple and cream fairy frost

This is the neighborhood kitty. She likes to wander past my window and torment my dog. I like her though. She is friendly and looks before she crosses the street. Nobody has "adopted" her, but my neighbor feeds her, and she's been around for years.
neighborhood kitty 1

When my kids were younger we used to ride bikes together. I really enjoyed this. I have since gained a significant amount of weight and my bike is worn out. Hubby tried to fix it last year, but the brakes were just too scary for me. Yesterday I bought a new bike. I rode it a few blocks yesterday, and then again this morning. I am stiff stiff stiff, but it feels good. Here it is. On sale only $56, such a deal.
new bike 4.12.08

This weekend I have been making Maverick Stars from Bonnie's Quiltville site. I love using up all the little triangles that I just can't seem to throw away.
26 maverick stars
That is 26 blocks so far, and enough pieces going for another 13 blocks. I am almost out of triangles. The goal is to use them all up.
more maverick star pieces

I made a bunch of puss in the corner blocks a few weeks ago. I made a twin size quilt top and also this baby quilt. I haven't quilted the twin yet, but here is the baby. I love the butterfly fabric on the back of this quilt. I tried a new little quilting pattern and used primary colors varigated thread.
Hopefully this will be for a GIRL baby. (Just sending the wish out into the universe)
puss in the corner baby quilt

I've also been working on a bunch of scrappy spool blocks. Here they are on the design wall, not yet sewn together.
spool blocks

I guess that is it for today. I am hoping to fertilize the lawn, and change the seat on my bike and raise the handlebars before hubby goes to work. Oh, I forgot to mention hubby got a job in a nearby town. This means I get to see him sleeping every morning before I go to work. Cool. (He is working the opposite shift as I, but at least he is in town. Yay!)

3 comments:

black bear cabin said...

Wow...youve been busy! :) I love all those maverick stars!
The neighborhood kitty doesnt look to be missing any meals..heheheh...our cat likes to taunt the neighbors too! Gotta love a cats attitude!
As for that amazing BBQ...what time should i show up for dinner!
cheers~
lisajo

Unknown said...

Yay, I'm so glad you got a bike and all the quilting you've done! Holy cow. busy lady!

Anonymous said...

So since it's not a girl you still gonna give it mason?