Sunday, February 10, 2008
Murphy Seizure
Last night I had a scary experience. My dog, Murphy, had a seizure. I've witnessed lots of humans having seizures, but I've never seen my dog have one. Last September my dh saw him have a seizure, and I called the vet. She didn't seem too concerned. She told me her Mom had a dog that had a seizure twice a year his whole life, and that he was really fine, but dogs just have seizures sometimes. She didn't think I needed to bring him in to see her unless he had them frequently. Then she would consider meds. So, this is actually his second one. It lasted about 4 minutes, and his postdictal time was about 15 minutes. He vomited afterwards, twice. I'm sure this is tmi, but I want to document it for my own use. He hung out right by me all night, not unusual, and he seems fine this morning. Any good vibes you would like to send his way would be great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your dog having seizures...watching an animal have one is very disturbing. Ive seen humans as well as my cat have a seizure, and seeing my cat seize was by far more upsetting. They dont know whats happening to them, and you cant do anything for them, so its hard to witness. The good news is, your vet doesnt seem concerned...so hang in there.
lisajo
Sending some good vibes from Ohio to Murphy.
We used to have a dog that had a few seizures.But she lived to be 14 and probably had about five or six in all that time. Was scary for me to watch. Scary for her too. She would start acting nervous just before and want comfort afterward.Hope Murphy's are nothing to worry about.
Post a Comment