Monday, February 04, 2008

Four Season's Winter Quilt

It's Here! It's Here! Every day I stop at the post office on my way home from work to check for the little swap quilt. Not there, not there, not there... But today after an extra long and hard day at work, It was there! I hurried home and told myself I could open it as soon as I shoveled the snow drift out of the middle of the driveway. Then I put away the groceries, threw a frozen pizza in the oven and while it cooked I opened the package. LOL Just kidding, you all know I ripped it open right there in the post office. I was so excited to see it in my po box. Luckily I was the only person in the post office that time of night. LOL The quilt was made by Julie H. from Firefly Lane blog. It is too dark here to take a picture of it, so I've stolen a picture from Julie. Here is the back. It is hard to see, but the fabrics she used are gorgeous, and glittery just what I had requested. Also the blue edge is 3 dimensional that surrounds the patchwork center. I don't know what that is called, but it is really cool. I can't wait to add this to my growing collection of doll quilts on my wall. She also sent a really cool retro looking key chain. Its so strange too, because I had the same key chain for about 7 years, and just last month my daughter lost my keys when she had borrowed my jeep to go snowboarding, so I was in need of a cool new keychain. Thanks Julie, and also a big thanks to Margaret for hosting the swap.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Colene,
I am so excited that you are happy with the quilt I made for you.
I really stressed about it. Because I really wanted it to be a quilt that was made for you...
Thanks for being such a great swap partner...
Julie

AmyB said...

Yummy! That's a great addition to your growing collection of these little beauties. Just color me green with envy...

Kate North said...

I call one of those 3 D borders you are talking about a flange. No idea if that's the technical term, though!