Sunday, February 03, 2008

Doll Quilt Swap II on About.com

Ginger is hosting a second doll quilt swap on the about.com quilting forum. I participated in the first one a received a great little quilt. I definately was in for the second swap as well. Each time I've participated in a doll quilt swap, I have a difficult time sending the cute little quilt off to someone else, and have wished I'd made a matching quilt for myself. This time I did! I'll start off with the little blocks. I used a block pattern from the book Prarie Children and Their Quilts. It finishes at 4 inches.

Blocks for doll quilt swap II

I put them together wish 1 1/2" sashings, and then a beautiful blue border. I mainly used batiks, with the exception of the background fabrics in the actual blocks. Here they are together, and all finished.

Doll quilt swap II

And here is my wall of doll quilts so far. I'm still waiting on my winter quilt from four seasons quilt swap, and then I will still receive one from this swap also. Yay! I love these little quilts.

doll quilts mine on the wall so far

6 comments:

JoAnna said...

The doll quilt is adorable - I was looking at that book yesterday in Joanne's. I'm sure the receiver will love it. I am also in this swap & plan to duplicate the quilt for myself also.

JoAnna said...

The doll quilt is adorable - I was looking at that book yesterday in Joanne's. I'm sure the receiver will love it. I am also in this swap & plan to duplicate the quilt for myself also.

Ginger said...

Your quilt wall looks great, especially that dark batik one! haha! I should have made it a bit lighter. oh well.

The star quilt for the swap looks great! The quilt I am making this time is all stars too.

black bear cabin said...

love it! Your colors and stars are fabulous...the recipient will not be disappointed! Your growing collection of quilts are lovely, and i think its great that you made one for yourself! I hope to do the same in my home too. They add such a wonderful charm to the house.
keep quilting!
cheers~
lisajo

Anonymous said...

Love you collection of little quilts, and the quilt you made turned out so nice-good you made yourself one!

Susan said...

Your doll quilts are really really nice. I love the collage on your wall.