I love this wallhanging. I worked very hard to hand piece the Dahlia. Several people I know have indicated "Hand piecing deserves hand quilting". I have never hand quilted a thing in my life. I thought I would give it a try. The ladies on the about.com quilting forum gave me great directions on how to do this. I sandwiched, I basted with pins, I bought the right needles and thread. I tried, I really did, but It looked horrible! And..... I kept thinking to myself, hand piecing deserves pretty quilting, something I knew wouldn't happen if I quilted this by hand. My son saw me trying and said, "Why are you riding a bike when you own a cadillac?" LOL He was right. I took apart the basting with pins and the quilting I had attempted and put it on the handiquilter, and machine quilted it. I like how it turned out and that is what matters truly.

Here is the full picture

I finished the center Dahlia of a second Dahlia Thursday night. I had used the scraps from this one to make the second one, but they are in a different placement.
I haven't taken a picture of that one yet.
1 comment:
You are the one who has to look at it and if you aren't happy, there's no point in hanging it, is there?
Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the encouraging words. Nice to "meet" another quilter!
Post a Comment