Sunday, December 16, 2007

Advent Calendar Fun?

A while back (18 months or so) I received an Advent Calendar panel from a quilting pals swap. It is cute with cats all over and lots of gold glittery looking threads. My dd saw it and asked me to make it for her. Of course, I said sure! That was a while back (17 months or so) LOL. I have looked at it several times, and read the instructions, and then procrastinated making it. Until today! Each day I read Kate's blog and see her advent calendar item for the day, and think, I really should get to that Advent calendar for Nellie. Anyway, it is done! PITA but done! And..... I went to the dread Walmart and bought a gold curtain rod hanger thing, and some pretty gold wire cord to hang on the curtain rod, and lots of candy to put in each day, including a marshmallow Santa for the last day. Enough chatter, here it is, and I like it! Amazing!
(now for the rest of the bag of goodies.... teehee)


Nellie's Calendar for Christmas

3 comments:

sophie said...

I bought that panel last year and it's . . . still a panel. Your finished version is very cute.

Kate North said...

Looks cute. Is a PINA like a PITA? LOL

Colene said...

Meant to write PITA LOL typo is fixed now, thanks for noticing.