Sunday, January 13, 2008

Since Christmas

I've been busy busy, and haven't blogged a thing. Let's play catch up here.
Here is Nellie opening her Advent Calendar on Christmas morning. I think she loved it.
PICT2244
And.... here is Al opening his Christmas Quilt later in the day....
PICT2261
These are blocks I've been making as leaders/enders for round three of Krista's framed four patch swap, soon to be posted on about.com quilting forum.
PICT2277
I finished hand piecing my second Dahlia, here it is....
Hand pieced Dahlia number two

I've been playing along with Bonnie's mystery quilt, Carolina Crossroads, and finished catching up on the steps friday night. I'm all set for the next step to be revealed this week.

I received a quilting instruction dvd yesterday in the mail by the pajama quilter, Dawn Ramierez, and tried her wonky feathers quilting on this quilt yesterday....
bargello quilted

PICT2272

Horrible lighting, I hope the quilting shows up in this picture..
back of bargello

I quilted this yesterday also, it is a crib size quilt.
charm flowers

PICT2267

Here is the back of it
PICT2268

I also quilted this little lap sized quilt up this morning
stars from thrift store shirts

Last week I quilted and bound the penny pincher 9 double four patch quilt, and mailed it to my neice Ashley, in Missouri. I hope she received it, I haven't heard from her.
Penny Pincher 9 quilt top
I sent Emily the beautiful turning twenty quilt made with the Fuscia fabrics, mailed that this week also, hope she received it, I haven't heard from her either. hmmmmm quiet little neices I have eh?
I've been working on this today, it will be for Enid, (great neice) she needs a big girl bed quilt, all she has from me is a small crib size quilt.
chunky churndashes 2 in progress
I think that catches me up, except for the yummy chicken enchiladas I made this morning. One dish will go to my in laws tonight for dinner, one for us here for dinner, and two to freeze for later. Yummy!
PICT2278

3 comments:

sophie said...

Looks like you've been beautifully, creatively productive . . . as usual. Beautiful quilts and those enchiladas looks yummy!

Sheri said...

Lovely quilts Colene. I think I sent you that Advent panel when we were in Jill's secret quilting pal swap a couple years ago. It came out really nice. Wish I bought one for myself now.
Sheri

Susan said...

Those enchiladas look good enough to eat!