Friday, September 21, 2007
Don't let the pineapple block get ya down!
Sophie has started a campaign of sorts to collect blocks for our friend Kate, who has recently lost her father. We are going to put together a comfort quilt for her. Kate and Sophie put their heads together and came up with a pineapple block made with browns and tans for the outside rows and centered with a pink block. Sophie referred to this as chocolate covered cherries. We will be using black for the corners of the block. We were given a link to a paper pieced pattern, which of course intimidated me. I ended up having time alone on my hands last night, and decided to try and figure out how to make this block in traditional piecing. I did it! And amazed myself. I took notes and pictures along the way, and Sophie is going to double check it all this weekend, and then we will share with others who are more comfortable with this type of piecing. Here's a picture of the block I made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment