Sunday, March 26, 2006

80 mile per hour winds ruin fence



Last night in Pocatello/Chubbuck we had a huge storm come through with upwards of 80 mile per hour winds. It was moving 95 mph, and blew through here and took my back fence, that borders yellowstone hwy. with it. You can click on the link to see more pictures of the damage.

http://community.webshots.com/user/robicole
I'm having trouble getting this link to work correctly, Looks like you will need to cut and paste it into your browser to see themn. The pictures are in the random pictures file.

My homeowner's insurance will cover it to be replaced. But its pretty frustrating. In the last 2 weeks Danielle's car broke down (on her birthday) $500 to fix, The engine in Tony's truck went out $6000, My window in my jeep broke $300, and now the $500 deductible on the homeowners insurance. I've about had enough. I have no idea how we're going to pay for this, I go to the accountant tomorrow, hopefully we'll get a good refund, and can have the engine replaced, my jeep fixed, and pay this new deductable. I know I sound whiney, but if we don't get a refund, I will have to take money out of my retirement savings, and pay 10% fines, and then to add insult to injury I will have to pay income tax on any I take out also, and an irs penalty for early withdrawal. Waaaaa!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you have so musch that happened at once that needs to be paid for....It always seems everything happens at once doesn't it? Did your power go out? Ours was out for like 12 hours...it sucked we had no heat.

Anonymous said...

it was out in mccammon as well. In fact I guess some people STILL have no power

Anonymous said...

And I come back from Denver to no snow on the lawn and no sign of all of this except for blinking clocks. Guess I picked the right weekend to go out of town.

Getting back was a chore though. I80 was closed from Laramie to Rawlins. Took US30 instead which they closed behind us.

Al

Anonymous said...

Stormy: We were lucky the power only blinked on and off a couple of times. If I would have known you were freezing you could have come over here and stayed warm. And, yes it does seem like it all happens at once sometimes.

Al: Boy I remember traveling across Wyoming in yucky storms like that with the road closed behind me, with 2 little kids in the car. It can be scary. I'm glad you made it back safely. The snow all melted yesterday. The better to see my broken fence. Colene (who is waiting for the insurance guy and fencing guy to show up, what a way to spend my vacation day, the part for Jeep isn't in on time either)

Anonymous said...

Bummer. I'll cross my fingers that you get a good refund this year.
Di

Anonymous said...

I just got back from the accountant, and it looks like we may be getting a bit of a refund. Yay! That's such good news.
Colene

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting a bit of A refund. IT sucks that it all has to go to fixing things though

Anonymous said...

Colene,
Looks like you used up all your bad luck at once; you SHOULD have good luck for a long time now!
Joy