Along with being addicted to swapping quilt blocks, I am also addicted to noodle swaps. Deb hosts a monthly swap on the about.com quilting forum for 2 1/2" wide strips of fabric. Each month is a different theme. She posted the swaps she is planning for 2008 the other day, and I hit the sale at my lqs. They had a bunch of discontinued fabrics marked down to $4 yd. If you finished the bolt you received an additional 20% off, which brought it to $3.20 yd. Ya just can't beat that. I ended up buying the end of 2 bolts, as they were neutrals, and you can't go wrong with that. All in all I bought 14 7/8 yds of fabric for a grand total of $53.20, These were nice fabrics from timeless treasures, benartex, etc. Here is what I purchased.
Fall colors

paisley

creams/neutrals (Deb, if these are too dark let me know and I will get some different ones)

Blues, although the blue on the far right, might end up in the pastel swap, depends on what I run across between now and then.
1 comment:
lotsa goodies......looks like you scored! :) i just purchased a bunch of neutrals the other day too...after one of the chats on line, a bunch of us discovered that most of us were lacking neutrals, and i think thats what keeps me from jumping into a project sometimes....lotsa color but nothing for a background. Kinda hard to do anything without your background fabric! ;) Hope you have fun with your new purchases! have a fun weekend!
lisajo
Post a Comment