Thursday, January 01, 2009

First day of 2009 fun

Here is how I spent the first day of the year. It has been exactly 3 years today since I made my first quilt block. Today I finished up the second set of red and cream stars for a swap I'm hosting at the Quilt Shoppe Forum. I was inspired by a fellow blogger (Becca) for this idea. Here are my blocks for the swap.

red and cream stars swap blocks

This is a 16 x16 inch wall hanging/doll quilt for a swap I'm participating in on the about quilting forum. Bonnie is the hostess for this one. It is winter themed, and although this may not look very winter to some. I have to say its my favorite way to spend winter. Cuddled up with a hot cuppa something and dreaming of purple spring flowers to come.

winter wonders doll quilt swap

I made this little box with scraps today as well. It is the perfect size to fit dvd's or paperback books in it, to cozy up and read or watch while drinking a hot cuppa something.

fabric box from scraps

And last for show and tell today, I have the progress I've made on my fitness quilt. Each week that I've worked out X amount of times, and also each week I stuck to my diet I have made a block. 2 blocks possible each week. So far its looking good and I'm looking better. My cholesterol is down, as well as I'm down 24 lbs, and 3 pant sizes. Yay! Still a long way to go, but definately making good progress.

The quilt pattern is by Quilt Soup and I believe it is called Flower Shoppe!

fitness quilt in progres

3 comments:

black bear cabin said...

hurrah for you losing weight and getting healthy! a great way to start the new year! :)
looks like youve been busy sewing up a storm too...i love your red stars quilt! i would never guess that youve only been quilting for 3 years.
your work is beautiful!
cheers~
lisajo
p.s. happy new year

Anonymous said...

Cute quilts. I especially love Dad and Susan's Christmas quilt. Congrats on getting healthy and thin!! I hope some of your motivation rubs off on me!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from Diana!