Friday, October 07, 2011

Last posted April 26th? Oh My what a bum I am

I promise I have been busy though, just too lazy to blog I guess. I'll try to catch up.
first I give my excuses. My dog got hit by a car. He is doing well now, but he has been healing for a long time. He was hurt in June.




My other dog got cancer and we had to put him down. That was sad sad sad.

Then.....
I was busy playing with these little cuties.

Hard to resist them.

I have done some sewing though.

I entered a bunch of quilts into the county fair. The one in the post previous to this one, won best in show. Yay! I also took home 7 other various blue, red and white ribbons. Then came the state fair. I entered the row robin and it took 4th in its category of, quilts made by a group.
I entered the Oh my Stars quilt in the Pieced/difficult category and took second place. I was thrilled with that.




Then I finished up a year long round robin with this last round for Jane



This is my first attempt at a french braid border, and I really like the end result. Very time consuming though.


I think that is a good catch up for now. I will post more as I get pictures taken.

3 comments:

jkn said...

Glad to see you back blogging! Mason and Naomi are such a sweet distraction, though!!! Give them both a hug for me. Congratulations on all your awards at the fair! That is awesome and you deserved the awards!

jkn said...

Glad to see you back blogging! Mason and Naomi are such a sweet distraction, though!!! Give them both a hug for me. Congratulations on all your awards at the fair! That is awesome! Joy

Lynn W. said...

Good to see you back, Colene. I'm sorry about your dogs ... they truly are members of the family and missed when they're gone or worried about when they are ill or injured. Congratulations on all the awards for your quilts. They are spectacular!