Friday, February 05, 2010

customer quilt for her grandson

This picture shows a fun border treatment called ribbon candy. I always did like ribbon candy during the holidays.
Next is a picture ofthe overall quilting for a customer's grandson's quilt, its made with fun outdoorsy fabrics.
You can see the fish quilting in the picture below.
sideways maple leaf, hard to see if you don't know where its at I guess
another fun fish
Bears in the corners and scattered about the quilt

I just finished a quilt for a customer. She made this for her 14 year old grandson. I utilized golden threads paper to do the fish and bears and its my first time using it. I loved it. easy to use and worked great. Sheloves stippling so I did that and threw in some fun stuff as well.

edited to add: customer didn't care for the bears, felt they may be too juvenile for a 14 yr old. Looks like some unpicking might be in my future. we'll see what the Mom thinks tomorrow.

edited to add again: The quilt was well liked by the Mother of the recipient so no unpicking was necessary. Wheww!!1

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are so neat. I especially love Mason's quilt. So bright and fun! Joy