My quilted and bound scrappy 9 patch quilt. I quilted it with all over meandering feathers, and I liked that quilting so much I used it on my Sister's Christmas quilt, which I can't show as she might see it here.
Here is a second quilt I'd like to do from the magazine I show below. I probably won't do it in these colors, though I like the look of it in the magazine.
Here is the one I did make.
I've always admired quilts with striped binding done on the bias. I've purchased striped fabric to do this over and over, and always chickened out and just cut it straight. I finally used the awesome instructions from Shelley's website. Incredible instructions I might add. Practically no waste as you use the whole rectangle and don't cut your fabric into a square. I love how my binding turned out. I used it on this Serendipity quilt. I used this quilt to try out different quilting patterns in each different fabric, and had lots of fun doing that.
Sideways picture of the magazine I got the pattern from. Easy Quilts, Its the first of this magazine I've purchased, and I have to say I loved how fast this quilt was; granted its basic.

2 comments:
Congrats on biting the bias bullet. Now you can do plaids the same way!
I'm not a grandma but you can trust me. It can be the diff between a dollar store snap frame and custom matted, carved molding picture frames.
I love the binding. It is very striking! Joy
Post a Comment